What Makes it the Best Vanilla Cake?
- Soft, light crumb from cake flour
- Fluffy from extra egg whites
- Buttery and cakey from creamed butter
- Stick-to-your-fork moist from eggs & buttermilk
- Extra flavor from pure vanilla extract…
You need the following ingredients:
- Cake Flour: If you want a fluffy and soft bakery-style vanilla cake, cake flour is the secret. The cake will be denser and heavier using all-purpose flour.
- Eggs & 2 additional egg whites: 3 whole eggs provide structure, moisture, and richness. 2 extra egg whites keep the cake light and airy. I don’t recommend using 4 whole eggs; stick to the 3 egg & 2 egg white combination.
- Baking Powder & Baking Soda: Using enough baking powder to give these layers height gave the cake a bitter aftertaste. Baking soda allows us to use less baking powder.
- Buttermilk: Buttermilk is an acidic ingredient and baking soda requires an acid to work. Plus buttermilk yields an EXTRA moist cake crumb. See recipe note about the alternative1
- 433 GRAMS CAKEFLOUR (THIS WILL GIVE AN EXTRA MOISTURE FOR THE CAKE)
- 1 TEASPOON SALT (JUST A PINCH)
- 2 TEASPOONS BAKING POWDER
- 3/4 TEASPOON BAKING SODA
- 345 GRAMS UNSALTED BUTTER (ROOM TEMPERATURE)
- 400 GRAMS GRANULATED SUGAR
- 3 LARGE NOS EGGS (ROOM TEMPERATURE)
- 1 TABLESPOON VANILLA EXTRACT (FOR THE EGG SMELL TO BEBALANCED)
- 360 ML BUTTERMILK (ROOM TEMPERATURE)
- RESULTS WILL VARY ACCORDING TO EACH INDIVIDUALS . DO FEEL FREE TO CONTACT US THROUGH OUR SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS .