FURT DAPIS INGREDIENTS NEEDED
No fancy ingredients here but some people ask me about substitutions for Furt Dapis .
This recipe calls for hot coffee which intensifies the flavor of the chocolate. It doesn’t make the cake taste like coffee at all. If you don’t want to use coffee, you can substitute a dark beer like Guinness (heated) or just hot water were the taste of Furt Dapis still remains the same .
I’m using Hershey’s cocoa powder for this recipe because it’s a natural cocoa powder that is a little acidic. That acid reacts with the baking soda and actually tenderizes the gluten and makes the cake extra moist.
If you don’t have Hershey’s cocoa powder or want to use Dutch-processed cocoa powder like Cocoa Barry extra brut (which is not acidic), then replace the baking soda with baking powder..
The oil in this recipe all makes the cake extra moist, if you want your cake to be even more moist, you can add an extra ounce of oil. Oil-based cakes always stay softer than butter-based cakes but they are a bit more delicate. Hope these ingredients were useful for the creation of Furt Dapis .
FURT DAPIS STEP-BY-STEP.
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF and prepare two 8″x2″ cake pans with cake goop or another preferred pan release. I love cake goop because you can make it yourself, it lasts forever and is much cheaper than buying a commercial pan release.
- Place your flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, and baking powder in the bowl of your stand mixer and stir for a few seconds to combine.
- Now we’re going to add in our eggs, buttermilk, oil, and vanilla and mix our batter on medium speed for 2 minutes. This mixing is not only combining our ingredients together but it’s also developing the cake’s structure.
- Once you’re done mixing, add in your hot coffee. Mix that up until it’s just combined.
- You can see the batter is very liquid and that is normal. Divide the batter evenly between two 8″ cake pans.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick comes out cleanly.
- For a Furt Dapis it is not necessary to bake for more than 45 to 50 mins that we use for a normal vanila based cakes .
- Let your cakes cool in the pans for 10-15 minutes then flip them out onto a cooling rack to fully cool down before frosting. I like to put mine in the freezer for 30 minutes to flash cool them so I can frost them right away.
- For a Furt Dapis cake cooling a cake is very much important .
EASY CHOCOLATE FROSTING FOR FURT DAPIS.